We are SUPER excited to be launching our new Pantry at Mei Mei line this weekend! Eek! We've been working for months now on getting them produced here in Boston so you could enjoy some Mei Mei in your own kitchen! And of course we are focused on bringing delicious Chinese flavors with the best locally sourced ingredients, as always. We'll have them for sale at the restaurant starting December 12 and they'll be available for online purchasing in early 2016.
For those of you who pick up a bottle or two or three, we wanted to show you some tasty ways to use them in your own kitchen. Today for lunch I made these noodles with tofu, spinach and pickled carrots and straight up poured the smoked maple ginger sauce on top. Freaking delicious. Check out the easy recipe below to make it yourself!
Smoked Maple Ginger Noodles with Tofu and Veggies
Serves one very hungry person (aka me) or two normal people. Increase the recipe as needed!
What You'll Need:
8 oz ramen noodles (or soba or udon or the noodle of your choice)
2 tbsp vegetable oil (we love the deliciously buttery non-GMO oils from Full Sun)
6 oz firm tofu, dried on a paper towel and then sliced into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar, but rice vinegar would be great too)
1 tsp sugar
a handful of spinach
salt and pepper
1/4 cup Smoked Maple Ginger Sauce
1 tsp black sesame seeds, for garnish
What To Do:
- Put a pot of water on high heat.
- While you're waiting for the water to boil, make (super) quick pickles! Shred your carrot and place it in a small container with the vinegar, sugar and 1/4 water. Let sit while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Pour the oil into a pan (non-stick is helpful here) over medium-high heat. Once it's hot, add the tofu and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Let the tofu cook about 3-5 minutes until lightly browned and you can easily flip them over. Hit the pieces again with a tiny bit of salt and cook for another few minutes then remove from the pan.
- Once the water is ready, add the noodles and cook according to package directions. When the noodles are just about done, add your handful of spinach to the pot and stir. Once all the spinach is cooked, drain the noodles and spinach.
- Drain the carrots from the brine and add the cooked noodles, spinach, tofu in a bowl.
- Add the Smoked Maple Ginger Sauce and mix. Sprinkle some sesame seeds for garnish and eat!